Impeto Medical* is a privately owned medical device company formed in June 2005. Its corporate headquarters are located in Paris, France. Two subsidiaries have been created: Beijing Impeto Medical in China and Impeto Medical Inc. in San Diego, U.S.
Impeto Medical has developed a patented technology that assesses sudomotor function through sweat gland activity. It is non-invasive and analyses the ability of sweat glands to release chloride ions in response to an electrochemical stimulus. Sweat conductances are then measured on the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. The level of sweat gland activity is linked to the status of small nerve fibers innervating sweat glands. Small nerve neuropathy can be present in the early stages of diabetes and prediabetes.
Based on this technology, Impeto Medical has developed :
- SUDOSCAN+, a device for the detection and follow-up of Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy.
- EZSCAN, a device that allows the screening and prevention of diabetes and cardiometabolic risk.
Impeto Medical Inc. markets SUDOSCAN, a device assessing galvanic skin response to evaluate sympathetic nervous system behaviour.
Update: May 2015
> All videos
- SUDOSCAN au Congrès Européen sur l’Amylose Héréditaire ATTR
- 2015 Convention calendar
- Impeto Medical à ANLLF
- Impeto Medical en une du journal “Le Parisien Économie”
- Impeto Medical – Nouveau brevet pour le marché US
- Article by Vinik et al published in Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics
*Impeto Medical’s produts are protected by PCT patents in Europe, USA, China andt other regions.